CHILI, N.Y. (AP) — A Black Hawk helicopter has landed on the ninth hole fairway at a New York country club.
Eric Durr, spokesman for the New York National Guard, says the Army UH-60 Black Hawk was on a routine training flight when it was forced to make an emergency landing Monday afternoon at the Chili (CHY’-leye) Country Club.
Durr says the windshield had developed a crack and its anti-icing system started to short out. He says none of the crew members were hurt.
The helicopter is assigned to Company C of the 171st medical evacuation battalion.
It was later flown back to the National Guard aviation facility at the Rochester airport.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix