HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities are investigating a report of a possible armed person on the campus of a private liberal arts college in New York.
Colgate University in Hamilton issued an alert on Twitter Monday night saying there was an armed person at the Coop and that law enforcement was searching the building. The school also told students to “find a safe space and remain indoors.”
Campus safety officials later reported that no shots had been fired.
Shortly before midnight, the school said that state police had issued an “all-clear,” but that officers would remain at the Coop finishing their investigation.
The university’s website says the Coop is a center for student activities including dining.
The school is located southeast of Syracuse.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain