COLLINGSWOOD, N.J. (AP) — Alec Baldwin, who has won acclaim for his portrayal of President Donald Trump on “Saturday Night Live,” will be headlining a New Jersey political fundraiser.
General Majority PAC says in an invitation that the actor will appear next month at the $2,500-a-head event in Collingswood.
The group has spent millions of dollars backing Democratic candidates in state legislative races. Democrats control both chambers in the Legislature.
Influential New Jersey Democratic power broker George Norcross and his brother, Democratic U.S. Rep. Donald Norcross, are expected to attend the event, along with state Senate President Steve Sweeney and Assembly Speaker Vincent Prieto.
General Majority PAC was bankrolled by the state’s largest teachers union, the New Jersey Education Association, in the 2015 Assembly elections where Democrats gained seats.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights