COLLINGSWOOD, N.J. (AP) — Alec Baldwin, who has won acclaim for his portrayal of President Donald Trump on “Saturday Night Live,” will be headlining a New Jersey political fundraiser.
General Majority PAC says in an invitation that the actor will appear next month at the $2,500-a-head event in Collingswood.
The group has spent millions of dollars backing Democratic candidates in state legislative races. Democrats control both chambers in the Legislature.
Influential New Jersey Democratic power broker George Norcross and his brother, Democratic U.S. Rep. Donald Norcross, are expected to attend the event, along with state Senate President Steve Sweeney and Assembly Speaker Vincent Prieto.
General Majority PAC was bankrolled by the state’s largest teachers union, the New Jersey Education Association, in the 2015 Assembly elections where Democrats gained seats.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees