MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Police say a 14-year-old girl was fatally shot on the front lawn of a church near her middle school in Alabama.
News outlets quote Montgomery Police Chief Ernest Finley as saying the girl was shot on her left side about 3 p.m. Monday after students were released from Bellingrath Middle School. The shooting happened at St. James Missionary Church, which is located next door. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Finley says police are looking for two suspects who may also be students at the school. He did not release any description of the suspects.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- 2 Phoenix-area teens accused of making online threats against school
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny