Emma Stone sends corsage, boutonniere to Phoenix teen who asked her to prom
PHOENIX — Movie star Emma Stone may have turned down a Phoenix teenager’s invitation to prom, but she was there in spirit this past weekend.
Stone sent Jacob Staudenmaier a boutonniere to wear to the big dance, along with a corsage for his date.
The Scottsdale native included a hand-written note that said: “Jacob, A little something for you and your lucky date tomorrow. Have a great time! Much love, Emma Stone.”
Staudenmaier’s invitation went viral several weeks ago. He invited Stone to the prom by making a video that recreated the entire first scene of the Oscar-winning “La La Land” — Stone starred in the film and won her first Academy Award for her performance — but with a couple of twists.
The most notable is that Staudenmaier rewrote the movie’s opening song with lyrics about himself and taking Stone to prom. Our favorite line was about taking the actress to dinner while someone walks by with an Olive Garden sign in the background.
In addition to showing off his wit, Staudenmaier made the point that the event is being held in Stone’s hometown.
Stone had to turn down the invitation because she was working. However, sending Staudenmaier flowers still makes her the belle of the ball in our eyes.
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Arizona native Emma Stone to return to big screen for ‘Zombieland 2’
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November