Main Street Minute: FAA hiring air traffic controllers
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The FAA is hiring experienced air traffic controllers. Applicants must be American citizens, at least 35, and have at least 52 consecutive weeks of experience.
• Two Valley pizza places are celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week starting Monday. Sauce Pizza and Wine is offering teachers 15 percent off dine-in orders (Phoenix Sky Harbor location isn’t included). Organ Stop Pizza in Mesa is giving K-through-12 teachers a voucher for a free pizza. Teachers must show valid school IDs.
• A $50 million renovation project of Renaissance Square is underway in Phoenix. The Downtown Phoenix Journal reports the first phase at the First Avenue and Washington Street site includes upgrades to lobbies, elevators and the creation of a multipurpose conference facility and office suites.
- FAA delays flight-path change over Phoenix suburb
- Phoenix-area Starbucks turns away teen on horse in drive-thru
- Ex-radio host Keillor hopes sex harassment charges will fade
- Head of Scottsdale company surprises first-ever employee with Tesla
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list