NORWALK, Conn. (AP) — Police in Connecticut say a man fatally shot his adult daughter before taking his own life.
Norwalk police say friends of 33-year-old Melissa Wilkinson went to her apartment after becoming concerned when she did not show up for a Sunday night shift at work.
Police say the friends called authorities after finding Wilkinson lying in a pool of blood on the floor and her father, 55-year-old Mark Wilkinson, sitting on a couch armed with a gun and mumbling to himself.
Police say a standoff with Mark Wilkinson ended at about 7 a.m. Monday when officers heard a single gunshot and found the father dead in the apartment.
Several neighbors were evacuated and others were told to stay in their homes.
Police say both daughter and father were shot in the head.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix