WACO, Texas (AP) — HGTV star Chip Gaines is speaking out on Twitter about a lawsuit filed against him by his former business partners.
Gaines is being sued in state court in Texas for $1 million by his former partners in a real estate company. They say he bought them out before telling them that HGTV had decided to broadcast his “Fixer Upper” show nationally.
Gaines spoke out on Twitter Saturday , writing that no one called or emailed him about the issue, adding “‘friends’ reach out via lawsuit.. humm.” He also added a bible quote, “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
Gaines’ attorney tells KWTX-TV that he’s “confident that these claims will be found to be meritless.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees
- Trump retweets negative post about himself by accident
- GoDaddy bans white supremacist site after offensive Virginia rally post
- Showers splash down on Phoenix area, but sunshine due rest of week