SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — New charges have been filed against a man accused of slapping the backsides of women along a popular hiking trail that runs through the eastern Washington city of Spokane.
KXLY-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2qtaQjE ) that 28-year-old Jonathan Smith now faces charges in Spokane County District Court and that they carry more serious penalties.
He is charged with 11 counts of fourth-degree assault with sexual motivation. Smith pleaded not guilty when he appeared in district court Friday.
Smith was previously charged in Spokane Municipal Court.
He was arrested April 20, a day after he went to the offices of KHQ television station, identified himself as the spanker and apologized to victims.
Court documents released Friday say that Smith noted that in almost every incident he was sexually aroused before, during, or after each attack.
Spokane police say they’re taking Smith’s actions seriously and don’t consider them a prank.
Information from: KXLY-TV, http://www.kxly.com/
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision