One more time: Wonders perform ‘That Thing You Do’ at LA reunion show
The Wonders band — aka the Oneders — from the 1996 hit film “That Thing You Do” reunited to perform their one-hit-wonder song for a crowd in Los Angeles this week.
Tom Everett Scott, Josh Adam Meyers and Ethan Embry performed at the Goddam Comedy Jam on Tuesday night, only missing fellow member Steve Zahn.
Meyers, also a comedian, organized the band’s latest get together to play at the event that featured stand-up comedians paired with a live band that played cover songs.
Director Tom Hanks, who also starred in the film, was not there, but Meyers said on social media that they all missed him there.
Some fans expressed on Twitter that they enjoyed the reunion.
Besides the “That Thing You Do” being a great movie, the nostalgia a lone is enough for anyone to have been super excited to watch this performance.
- Marvel Studios drops the second trailer for ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Adorable Australian shepherd conquers his fear of slides
- Cavalia Odysseo to extend Scottsdale shows through March 26
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’