Trump’s first 100 days: A conversation with Chuck Coughlin
Since former President Franklin Delano Roosevelt successfully pushed through a mass of legislation in his first 100 days, presidents have been measured for their performance at this milestone.
President Donald Trump passed that mark Saturday, so the Think Tank takes a look back at how he has done. To this end, we invited Chuck Coughlin, one of the sharpest political minds around, to engage him in a discussion of how the president has fared in his first three-plus months in office.
We take a look at Trump’s:
- legislative accomplishments (a Supreme Court nominee confirmed)
- foreign affairs (brinksmanship with North Korea, engagement with China)
- government by executive order (travel bans, deportations, loosening of environmental regulations)
In a final segment, we look at some of Trump’s personal attributes.
- Is he as good a negotiator as he says he is?
- How engaged is he in his policies?
- What other forces have impacted his administration? Has the Republican establishment won out over Trump’s personal proclivities?
- Something’s missing in HBO’s new film on John McCain’s life
- McCain praises Trump’s posthumous pardon of boxer Jack Johnson
- Senate hopeful Joe Arpaio mum on details of Trump policies
- National registry for cancer-stricken firefighters stalls in US House
- Ducey dines, discusses immigration, border policies with Trump