Main Street Minute: Phoenix Fire to offer free checkup of child car seats
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Phoenix Fire Department is hosting a free child car-seat checkup Saturday. It’s taking place from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. at Fry’s Foods near 51st Avenue and Baseline Road.
• The 2017 Law Day Legal Aid Clinics will offer one-on-one consultations Saturday on several topics, including divorce and child support, immigration, wills and trusts. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the State Bar of Arizona near 24th street and Indian School Road and Glendale Community College near 59th and Olive avenues.
• Show up and get a book at a family fun literacy event Saturday. Southwest Human Development’s Festival of Tales is set for Paradise Valley Community College from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. More than 5,000 books will be given to kids from low-income families.
- Main Street Minute: Food delivery service goPuff launches in Flagstaff
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix Fire to host free vaccination clinic for kids
- Have parenting questions? A Phoenix non-profit has a helpline for that
- 9-year-old child dies following car crash in west Phoenix
- ADOT to close Laveen intersection; motorists need to seek alternate route