KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Phoenix Fire Department is hosting a free child car-seat checkup Saturday. It’s taking place from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. at Fry’s Foods near 51st Avenue and Baseline Road.
• The 2017 Law Day Legal Aid Clinics will offer one-on-one consultations Saturday on several topics, including divorce and child support, immigration, wills and trusts. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the State Bar of Arizona near 24th street and Indian School Road and Glendale Community College near 59th and Olive avenues.
• Show up and get a book at a family fun literacy event Saturday. Southwest Human Development’s Festival of Tales is set for Paradise Valley Community College from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. More than 5,000 books will be given to kids from low-income families.
- Showers splash down on Phoenix area, but sunshine due rest of week
- Phoenix firefighter accused of assaulting wife’s boyfriend
- Phoenix roller skating rink roof collapses after closing time
- Virtual book drive in Valley aims to bolster literacy among children
- Family, colleagues attend unveiling of marker to Phoenix officer David Glasser