WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on an executive order that could lead to expansion of drilling in the Arctic and Atlantic oceans (all times local):
President Donald Trump has signed an executive order that will roll back restrictions on oil drilling in the Arctic.
Trump says at a White House signing ceremony, “Today, we’re unleashing American energy and clearing the way for thousands and thousands of high-paying energy jobs.”
The order also directs his energy secretary to review regulations overseeing drilling and former President Barack Obama’s five-year drilling plan.
It’s Trump’s latest move to undo his predecessor’s environmental protection efforts in his first 100 days in office.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses