NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a New York City woman shot at point-blank range during a robbery was saved from a bullet wound thanks to her purse.
The New York Police Department says a 52-year-old man ran up to his intended victim on a Brooklyn street early Wednesday morning and demanded her car keys.
The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/2qdW2Gm ) that the 39-year-old woman fought back against the man. During the struggle, the man fired a round at point-blank range. Police say the bullet tore through the victim’s purse, wallet and clothes, but stopped short of actually hitting her body.
The man then pistol-whipped the woman, took her keys and drove off in her vehicle. Police later found him nearby in the vehicle and arrested him on attempted murder charges.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights