STOCKHOLM (AP) — Electrolux, the world’s second-largest maker of household appliances, says profit for the three months ending March 31 rose to 1.08 billion kronor ($120 million), up 24 percent from the same period a year earlier.
The Swedish company says its sales in the first quarter increased slightly by 2.7 percent to 29 billion kronor ($3.29 billion) as it saw an improvement across all of its businesses.
Electrolux, based in Stockholm, saw its shares rise 8.5 percent to 269.7 kronor Friday after the first quarter results were published.
The group, which has about 55,000 employees worldwide, is selling products under brands like Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi and Frigidaire in more than 150 markets.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Main Street Minute: Big-name companies set to attend Phoenix job fair
- Target is raising minimum hourly wage to $15 by end of 2020
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports