PHOENIX — The city of Phoenix will be holding a special event on Friday to usher in a new weekend, late night bus service.
The event, which is called Sips on 7th, will give Phoenix area residents the opportunity to travel to seven different bars and restaurants on Seventh Street from Garfield Street to Glendale Avenue.
The bars and restaurants include: Mother Bunch Brewing, Tacos De Juarez, America’s Taco Shop, Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers, Phoenix Ale Brewery Central Kitchen, Joe’s Midnight Run, Sierra Bonita Grill, Urban Beans and Stock & Stable.
Each location will offer guests special pricing or discounts if they have a Valley Metro pass or a Local First Localist card.
The card will also allow guests to ride the bus up and down Seventh Street to the participating locations. According to an event flier, the bus will be moving to a new location every half hour.
That’s not all: Guests can also earn the opportunity to win “transit and Seventh Street swag” by visiting each location and getting their punch cards punched.
The event will, appropriately enough, start at 7 p.m. Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, Vice Mayor Laura Pastor and Councilwoman Kate Gallego will also be at the event to kick off the new service.
- White House says Trump will not pardon Arpaio at Phoenix rally
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Live blog: President Donald Trump visits Yuma, hosts rally in Phoenix
- Opinion: Five things to watch for during Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Phoenix residents hope to save Chinese Cultural Center with online petition