PHOENIX — A family from Casa Grande is set to be featured on an episode of “Family Feud” on Friday, the Casa Grande Dispatch reported.
The Montijo family, which consists of parents Jesse and Lydia, their daughter Jennifer, son Michael and his wife Margarita, will go head-to-head with another family on the Steve Harvey-hosted game show.
Auditions for “Family Feud” were held in Phoenix last January and the Montijos taped the show in August.
“Family Feud” pits two families against each other to battle it out by naming the most popular answers to various survey questions in order to win cash and other prizes.
In an interview with Casa Grande Dispatch, Michael said filming the show was “a lot of fun.”
For Margarita, this was just another game show run: According to Casa Grande Dispatch, she’s also been on “Wheel of Fortune,” “Deal or No Deal” and “Let’s Make a Deal.” It was her idea to audition for “Family Feud.”
Michael told the Casa Grande Dispatch that they auditioned with “hundreds of families” who were “all dressed up.” The family got the call back from show producers in August and flew to Atlanta for taping.
Unfortunately, the Montijos were not able to discuss their potential “Family Feud” winnings, but you can tune in and watch the show on Friday. It airs at 7 p.m. on AZTV7.
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Tempe police, federal agents haul in 30,000 fentanyl pills during traffic stop
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona