Part of Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix to be closed during April 28 weekend
PHOENIX — Another portion of northbound Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix will be closed starting Friday night throughout the weekend, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
The northbound I-17 will be closed between McDowell and Camelback roads starting at 10 p.m. on Friday until 5 a.m. on Monday for rubberized asphalt resurfacing.
This will also close both Interstate 10 ranks at the Stack interchange, northbound ramp at McDowell Road, southbound I-17 HOV lane between Camelback and Thomas roads, southbound I-17 off-ramp at Indian School Road and eastbound Thomas Road at I-17.
ADOT officials suggest using alternate routes, including westbound I-10 to northbound State Route 51 and westbound Loop 101 to reach I-17.
Anyone going to the Arizona Diamondbacks game in downtown Phoenix this weekend is advised to avoid the northbound I-17 closure.
Here are some other freeway and roadway closures and restrictions in the Phoenix area during the weekend of April 28:
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane between Verrado Way and Loop 303 from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday for lane striping and overhead sign installation. Eastbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 will be closed. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Perryville Road and off-ramp at Citrus Road will be closed.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to three lanes between Baseline and Guadalupe roads from 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday for overhead message sign repairs.
• Grand Avenue will be narrowed to one lane in each direction at Thunderbird/Thompson Ranch roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday for roadway improvements.
• Eastbound Loop 202 ramp to northbound State Route 143 will be closed from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday for overhead utility work. State Route 143 also will be closed temporarily for short durations near McDowell Road.
- Staple downtown Phoenix restaurant Cooper’stown closes for good
- Main Street Minute: High-tech defense company opens Phoenix center
- The Challenger Space Center to call Phoenix a temporary home
- Crash on I-17 southbound leaves one woman dead, five children injured
- ASU students to host free health fair for the homeless