BREINIGSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Police say a pit bull mix killed its owner during an attack on the deck of the woman’s Pennsylvania home.
Police say they were called to the home in Upper Macungie Township Thursday afternoon by neighbors who reported hearing screaming and a dog barking.
Police say the dog was still attacking the woman when officers arrived. They managed to put the dog in the home so responders could treat the woman’s severe injuries.
She was taken to a hospital where she later died.
The name of the woman, who was in her 30s, is being withheld until family members are notified.
Police say the 3-year-old male pit bull-boxer mix was tranquilized on the scene and taken to the Lehigh County Humane Society where it will be euthanized.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Report: 90 percent of Maricopa County shelter animals find new homes