PHILADELPHIA (AP) — An openly gay Pennsylvania politician has hit back at an internet troll who posted a slur on his Facebook page — by calling the troll’s grandmother.
WCAU-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2pmtmen ) state Rep. Brian Sims saw the slur referencing blacks and gays Wednesday as he scrolled through his Facebook feed.
Sims is white and represents a downtown Philadelphia district. He replied on the man’s page he can’t tell if the man is a “dumb little boy or an angry bigot” but he knows the man shouldn’t have posted his grandmother’s telephone number on the page. He adds: “She and I had a very disappointing chat about you. We’ll talk soon…”
Sims says the grandmother passed along the man’s phone number.
Sims is a Democrat. He has made gay rights a top priority and says he’s no stranger to cyberbullies.
Information from: WCAU-TV, http://www.nbc10.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95