PHILADELPHIA (AP) — An openly gay Pennsylvania politician has hit back at an internet troll who posted a slur on his Facebook page — by calling the troll’s grandmother.
WCAU-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2pmtmen ) state Rep. Brian Sims saw the slur referencing blacks and gays Wednesday as he scrolled through his Facebook feed.
Sims is white and represents a downtown Philadelphia district. He replied on the man’s page he can’t tell if the man is a “dumb little boy or an angry bigot” but he knows the man shouldn’t have posted his grandmother’s telephone number on the page. He adds: “She and I had a very disappointing chat about you. We’ll talk soon…”
Sims says the grandmother passed along the man’s phone number.
Sims is a Democrat. He has made gay rights a top priority and says he’s no stranger to cyberbullies.
Information from: WCAU-TV, http://www.nbc10.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast