ATLANTA (AP) — United Parcel Service Inc. is reporting first-quarter net income of $1.16 billion.
On a per-share basis, the Atlanta company said it had profit of $1.32.
The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of 10 analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of $1.30 per share.
The package and delivery service posted revenue of $15.32 billion in the period, which also topped Street forecasts. Seven analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $15.18 billion.
UPS expects full-year earnings in the range of $5.80 to $6.10 per share.
UPS shares have declined 6 percent since the beginning of the year, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 index has increased roughly 7 percent. The stock has increased slightly more than 1 percent in the last 12 months.
This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on UPS at https://www.zacks.com/ap/UPS
Keywords: United Parcel Service, Earnings Report, Priority Earnings
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny