PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Comcast Corp. is reporting first-quarter profit of $2.57 billion.
The Philadelphia company said Thursday that it had net income of 53 cents per share.
The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of 17 analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 44 cents per share.
The cable provider posted revenue of $20.46 billion in the period, also beating Street forecasts. Fifteen analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $20.11 billion.
Comcast shares rose sharply before the opening bell.
This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on CMCSA at https://www.zacks.com/ap/CMCSA
Keywords: Comcast, Earnings Report, Priority Earnings
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- Trump ends business councils after slew of CEOs drop out