WILMINGTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man accused of kidnapping a neighbor and keeping her trapped in a small pit has been ordered held on $1 million bond.
A municipal court judge in Wilmington set bond Thursday for 45-year-old Dennis Dunn, who participated via video from jail.
A public defender was appointed to represent Dunn, who was arrested Wednesday when police found the woman after receiving calls about cries from a shed behind Dunn’s home in Blanchester, about 40 miles (64 kilometers) northeast of Cincinnati.
Police found the woman in a pit inside the shed about two hours after she was reported missing. She was treated at a hospital and released.
Dunn couldn’t be reached for comment in jail. A message seeking comment on his behalf was left at the public defender’s office.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border