Chandler police looking into possible attempted kidnapping of little girl
PHOENIX — Police are looking into the possible attempted kidnapping of a 5-year-old Chandler girl, an official said.
Chandler Police Department Sgt. Daniel Mejia said the girl told police she was walking with an 11-year-old girl when a man in a black van or SUV tried to grab the younger child.
The incident happened near Elliot Road and the Loop 101.
The man is described as being about 5-foot-10. No other details about the man were given.
- Surprise police failed to notify residents of 22 sex offenders in area
- Phoenix man accused of kidnapping, assaulting four women
- Amazon passes over Arizona cities for second headquarters site
- Man shot, arrested after running from police in West Valley
- Ex-Insys Therapeutics employee looks to ban reference to opioid crisis at trial