Main Street Minute: National recruiters set up shop at Phoenix career fair
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• There is a career fair scheduled Wednesday in Phoenix. The event runs from 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. near First Avenue and Roosevelt Street. Employers attending include UPS, Arizona Public Service, DHL Express and Cox Communication.
• Roosevelt School District No. 66 is also hiring. The district needs teachers for kindergarten through eighth grade, as well as bus drivers, a health service technician and paraprofessionals. The job fair runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the offices near Seventh Street and Southern Avenue in Phoenix.
• A California startup company is expanding to the Valley. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Upgrade Inc., a financial services group, will open an operations center near Central Avenue and Washington Street in Phoenix. Upgrade plans to hire as many as 300 people.
- Phoenix may officially rename Broadway Road after MLK Jr.
- Former Phoenix officer, wife charged, not arrested in daughter’s death
- Despite fewer refugees, Valley rescue group to continue providing support
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix data center operations sells for $1 billion
- Bacon, eggs and whoa! Customer leaves $2K tip for Scottsdale diner staff