KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• There is a career fair scheduled Wednesday in Phoenix. The event runs from 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. near First Avenue and Roosevelt Street. Employers attending include UPS, Arizona Public Service, DHL Express and Cox Communication.
• Roosevelt School District No. 66 is also hiring. The district needs teachers for kindergarten through eighth grade, as well as bus drivers, a health service technician and paraprofessionals. The job fair runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the offices near Seventh Street and Southern Avenue in Phoenix.
• A California startup company is expanding to the Valley. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Upgrade Inc., a financial services group, will open an operations center near Central Avenue and Washington Street in Phoenix. Upgrade plans to hire as many as 300 people.
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball