Main Street Minute: National recruiters set up shop at Phoenix career fair
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• There is a career fair scheduled Wednesday in Phoenix. The event runs from 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. near First Avenue and Roosevelt Street. Employers attending include UPS, Arizona Public Service, DHL Express and Cox Communication.
• Roosevelt School District No. 66 is also hiring. The district needs teachers for kindergarten through eighth grade, as well as bus drivers, a health service technician and paraprofessionals. The job fair runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the offices near Seventh Street and Southern Avenue in Phoenix.
• A California startup company is expanding to the Valley. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Upgrade Inc., a financial services group, will open an operations center near Central Avenue and Washington Street in Phoenix. Upgrade plans to hire as many as 300 people.
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix
- Alarm causes flights headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to be diverted
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler