Chandler school receives threat on social media, student arrested
PHOENIX — Police in a Phoenix suburb said Wednesday morning they have arrested a suspect in an online threat made about an elementary school.
Chandler authorities said a 14-year-old boy was in custody after a post appeared on the social media app Snapchat that included references to a plan to to harm himself at Santan Elementary.
Classes were scheduled as normal but school district officials notified parents at the school and Santan Junior High by email that extra police would be stationed on campus for the day.
Santan Elementary is near Chandler Heights and Cooper roads.
KTAR’s Kathy Cline contributed to this report.
- Muslim group condemns Gosar over support of jailed far-right UK activist
- Second Phoenix facility illegally housing migrant children discovered
- Neo-Nazi to be re-tried in Phoenix death of woman in interracial couple
- Arizona awarded $60,000 grant to help close college attainment gap
- Phoenix police join law enforcement agencies in lip sync battle