Chandler school receives threat on social media, student arrested
PHOENIX — Police in a Phoenix suburb said Wednesday morning they have arrested a suspect in an online threat made about an elementary school.
Chandler authorities said a 14-year-old boy was in custody after a post appeared on the social media app Snapchat that included references to a plan to to harm himself at Santan Elementary.
Classes were scheduled as normal but school district officials notified parents at the school and Santan Junior High by email that extra police would be stationed on campus for the day.
Santan Elementary is near Chandler Heights and Cooper roads.
KTAR’s Kathy Cline contributed to this report.
- Students planning March for Our Lives events across Arizona
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Maricopa County was fastest-growing county in US from 2016-2017
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Sen. Jeff Flake says he cannot support $1.3T government spending bill