JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in Florida say police shot and killed a man after he tried to grab an officer’s stun gun during a confrontation.
Ron Lendvay of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said a man and woman had a violent fight Tuesday night. The unidentified man left the scene when officers arrived but returned a few hours later.
Officers returned after midnight and found the man sitting in a car in a driveway. When they tried to arrest him, he allegedly refused to get out and a struggle ensued. Authorities said he was combative. Both officers used their Tasers. They say the man grabbed one of their stun guns and they shot him. He died at the scene.
The Florida Times-Union (https://tinyurl.com/jw7atr3) reports the officers’ names were not released.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Scottsdale woman found safe
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer