ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — Atlantic City police have confiscated 62 toy guns from a store on the Boardwalk.
Police say the toys on sale at Bags and Accessories appeared real, with the exception of orange tips at the end of the barrels. But, police say the tips are easily removed and that could lead people to perceive that the toys are real weapons.
In 2014, the city adopted an ordinance that prohibits the sale of imitation firearms.
The store’s owner was issued a summons for violating the ordinance.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny