NEW YORK (AP) — A tourist from England has been struck by a hammock that fell from a building in New York.
Police say it happened late Tuesday afternoon as the woman was walking on the sidewalk with her husband toward the World Trade Center.
Police believe wind may have blown the wooden framed hammock off the building’s terrace.
The woman was conscious and reported pain to her head and back. She was hospitalized in fair condition.
Her husband wasn’t injured.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood