BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Right-wing radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones says he’s not backing down in response to a defamation lawsuit filed by Greek yogurt giant Chobani.
Jones, in a video posted on his Youtube channel Tuesday, said with no proof that billionaire George Soros was behind the lawsuit. Soros, who Jones called a “Nazi collaborator,” is not named in the lawsuit.
According to the lawsuit, Chobani argues that Jones and his InfoWars website posted fabricated stories earlier this month that linked Chobani owner Hamdi Ulukaya and the company to a sexual assault case involving refugee children. The company filed the lawsuit in Idaho District Court in Twin Falls, where it operates the largest yogurt plant in the world.
It’s seeking at least $10,000 in damages.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports