BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia pastor has been sentenced to 35 years in prison for molesting two teenagers who attended his church in coastal Brunswick.
Media outlets report a judge sentenced 57-year-old Kenneth Adkins on Tuesday. A jury convicted him earlier this month on eight criminal counts, including aggravated child molestation.
Prosecutors said the pastor pressured two teenagers — a boy and girl, both 15 — to have sex while Adkins watched in his office at Greater New Dimension Church in 2009. They said the pastor also touched the girl inappropriately.
The male victim testified against Adkins during his trial. But the young woman testified the allegations were false.
Adkins insisted he’s innocent. He told the judge at his sentencing hearing: “Most certainly I did not do the things I am accused of.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix