LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Grey’s Anatomy” star Jesse Williams has filed for divorce from wife Aryn Drakelee-Williams after more than four years of marriage.
Williams cites irreconcilable differences in the April 11 filing in a Los Angeles court. The 36-year-old Williams is asking for joint custody of the couple’s two children. They have a 3-year-old daughter and a son who will turn 2 in June.
Williams and Drakelee-Williams married in September 2012.
Williams made headlines in June for a passionate speech at the BET Awards demanding equal rights for black people while accepting a humanitarian honor.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights