KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A popular Tempe hot dog spot has temporarily shut down for renovations. Ted’s, at Broadway Road and McClintock Drive, will spend the next five weeks putting new tile in the dining room and kitchen, installing digital menu boards as well as a remodeled patio and outdoor seating. The restaurant is scheduled to reopen June 1. Ted’s is also planning to open a second location in Chandler this year.
• There are a couple of job fairs in the Valley on Tuesday. AZCR Staffing is holding an event for skilled tradespeople and labor workers such as electricians, plumbers, welders and carpenters from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. near 23rd and Dunlap avenues in Phoenix. Seek Arizona is hiring direct care providers, behavior coaches as well as preschool teachers to work with kids and adults. The event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. in Phoenix near 48th Street and Thomas Road.
• Bashas’ plans to add more than 300 employees across the state, starting with a job fair Tuesday in Mesa. Openings are in bakery and bistro, as well as cashiers, drivers and chefs. The hiring event runs from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the Convention Center near Center Street and University Drive.
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix tech firm buys manufacturing company
- Report: Pei Wei could move headquarters out of Arizona
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix