Beyonce is marking the anniversary of her album “Lemonade” by announcing scholarships for women to attend selected colleges.
The singer announced that her Formation Scholars Award will go to one female student at each of four schools. The schools are Boston’s Berklee College of Music, New York’s Parsons School of Design and two historically black colleges, Howard University in Washington, D.C., and Atlanta’s Spelman College.
The announcement says the scholarships are aimed at encouraging and supporting women “who are unafraid to think outside the box and are bold, creative conscious and confident.”
The scholarships will be good for the upcoming school year.
This story has been corrected to show the announcement says the awards are for female students, not specifically black female students.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- Trump ends business councils after slew of CEOs drop out
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Main Street Minute: Arizona Make-A-Wish receives generous donation
- Main Street Minute: Scottsdale-based P.F. Chang’s opens in London