CAMPBELLTON, Ga. (AP) — Police in Georgia say four teenage boys died and a teenage girl was injured when their SUV collided with a tractor-trailer.
Fulton County police say the big rig’s driver suffered minor injuries in the wreck Monday afternoon in the southern part of the county.
News media report that one boy was thrown from the Lincoln Navigator and three had to be extricated.
Police tell WXIA-TV (http://on.11alive.com/2pXw3Tk ) the girl’s injuries were not life-threatening. She was taken from a back seat.
Fulton County schools spokeswoman Susan Hale told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://on-ajc.com/2oZ9C1K ) that most of the students attended Langston Hughes High School, and one was either a current or a former student there.
Authorities are still investigating what caused the accident.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights