Man drowns in Colorado River while on Grand Canyon boating trip
PHOENIX — A man drowned after falling overboard while on a boating trip through the Grand Canyon, park officials said in a press release.
The National Park Service said the man — 69-year-old New Meadows, Idaho resident Jimmie Blair — fell out of the boat near Hance Rapid, about 10 miles from the Grand Canyon Village.
Members of the boating party were able to pull Blair out of the water and performed CPR.
Blair died on the ninth day of a multi-day boating trip.
The National Park Service and Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating.
- ‘Why me?’ Survivor recounts horror of Arizona flash flood that killed 10
- Linkin Park dedicates music video to Phoenix native Chester Bennington
- Plans to reduce number of Grand Canyon bison advance on two fronts
- Grand Canyon trail ranked among best day hikes nationwide
- Volunteer shooters to help thin Grand Canyon bison herds