Man drowns in Colorado River while on Grand Canyon boating trip
PHOENIX — A man drowned after falling overboard while on a boating trip through the Grand Canyon, park officials said in a press release.
The National Park Service said the man — 69-year-old New Meadows, Idaho resident Jimmie Blair — fell out of the boat near Hance Rapid, about 10 miles from the Grand Canyon Village.
Members of the boating party were able to pull Blair out of the water and performed CPR.
Blair died on the ninth day of a multi-day boating trip.
The National Park Service and Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating.
- Arizona AG announces opposition to National Park Service fee hike
- Park Service extends comment period for proposed fee hike
- National Park Service find body of missing Utah man at Grand Canyon
- Grand Canyon National Park to offer free entry for Veterans Day weekend
- Grand Canyon officials bombarded by interest in herd-thinning program