PHOENIX — A man drowned after falling overboard while on a boating trip through the Grand Canyon, park officials said in a press release.
The National Park Service said the man — 69-year-old New Meadows, Idaho resident Jimmie Blair — fell out of the boat near Hance Rapid, about 10 miles from the Grand Canyon Village.
Members of the boating party were able to pull Blair out of the water and performed CPR.
Blair died on the ninth day of a multi-day boating trip.
The National Park Service and Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating.
- Parks Service ends Grand Canyon ban on disposable water bottles
- Prescott called the best place for nature lovers in Arizona
- Scottsdale man dies suddenly after bloody visit with elderly parents
- Spouse of woman lost in Grand Canyon says water ran out
- Officials looking for Texas woman missing in Grand Canyon find a body