Man drowns in Colorado River while on Grand Canyon boating trip
PHOENIX — A man drowned after falling overboard while on a boating trip through the Grand Canyon, park officials said in a press release.
The National Park Service said the man — 69-year-old New Meadows, Idaho resident Jimmie Blair — fell out of the boat near Hance Rapid, about 10 miles from the Grand Canyon Village.
Members of the boating party were able to pull Blair out of the water and performed CPR.
Blair died on the ninth day of a multi-day boating trip.
The National Park Service and Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating.
- New zip line gives visitors a thrilling view of the Grand Canyon
- Ducey says Grand Canyon will stay open if government shuts down
- Tribe hikes prices for Havasupai camping permits amid viral fame
- Residents didn’t heed voluntary evacuation before California mudslide
- Dental chain with Arizona locations to pay $24M in false claims settlement