Man drowns in Colorado River while on Grand Canyon boating trip
PHOENIX — A man drowned after falling overboard while on a boating trip through the Grand Canyon, park officials said in a press release.
The National Park Service said the man — 69-year-old New Meadows, Idaho resident Jimmie Blair — fell out of the boat near Hance Rapid, about 10 miles from the Grand Canyon Village.
Members of the boating party were able to pull Blair out of the water and performed CPR.
Blair died on the ninth day of a multi-day boating trip.
The National Park Service and Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating.
- Food bank ships supplies to families affected by Grand Canyon flooding
- Flooding cancels hundreds of trips to coveted waterfalls by Grand Canyon
- Grand Canyon to join Arizona national parks in lifting fire restrictions
- Former NAZ Suns assistant arrested for child molestation before death
- Phoenix firefighter found dead at Arizona National Guard base