TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Jurors are being selected in the Ohio murder trial of a property owner in the 2014 deaths of two Toledo firefighters.
Building owner Ray Abou-Arab is on trial for the deaths of 31-year-old James Dickman and 42-year-old Stephen Machcinski. Abou-Arab has denied setting the blaze.
The 64-year-old man has been held in a Lucas County jail for more than three years awaiting trial. Prosecutors have decided not to seek the death penalty if he is convicted, leaving the possibility of a life prison sentence.
Jury selection began Monday. Jurors are to visit the site of the fatal fire.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action