FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — Former Michigan State defensive end Auston Robertson has waived extradition and will be returned to Michigan from Indiana to face a third-degree criminal sexual conduct charge.
Ingham County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Lisa McCormick says Monday that the 19-year-old Robertson could be arraigned as early as Tuesday.
A police task force arrested Robertson on Saturday at a relative’s home in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Robertson comes from Fort Wayne. He was being held Monday in the Allen County Jail in that city.
Robertson is accused of forcing a woman to have sex with him at her Meridian Township apartment on April 8. Shortly after prosecutors announced the charge on Friday, Michigan State said Robertson had been dismissed from the football team.
McCormick says Robertson doesn’t yet have a lawyer.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Book tells stories of retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- New book explores retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date