Club bouncer shot, Phoenix police search for suspect
PHOENIX — A man who was ejected from a strip club in Phoenix is a suspect in the shooting of a bouncer, police said.
Authorities said the early Monday shooting near Grand and 30th avenues left the unidentified security worker with a bullet in his calf. He was taken to a hospital and was expected to recover.
After the suspect was given the boot around 1 a.m., police said he went to his car, got a gun and began firing in the direction of the club.
The shooter then drove away. Police continued to search for him.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Nearly 22K push for political power at Women’s March in Arizona
- Border Patrol arrests humanitarian group volunteer in southern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants recognized with James Beard Awards
- Dog dies in Maricopa County animal shelter from ‘strep zoo’ infection
- Arizonans bought more than 86,000 pounds of medical marijuana last year