Club bouncer shot, Phoenix police search for suspect
PHOENIX — A man who was ejected from a strip club in Phoenix is a suspect in the shooting of a bouncer, police said.
Authorities said the early Monday shooting near Grand and 30th avenues left the unidentified security worker with a bullet in his calf. He was taken to a hospital and was expected to recover.
After the suspect was given the boot around 1 a.m., police said he went to his car, got a gun and began firing in the direction of the club.
The shooter then drove away. Police continued to search for him.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Check out these highlights from 2018 Luke Days featuring the Blue Angels
- Flagstaff cop who punched woman in video indicted again for assault
- Phoenix area posts second-largest increase in construction jobs in US
- Multiple Arizona cities chosen as top places to retire, Scottsdale ranks first
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 homicide