BLUE MOUNTAIN LAKE, N.Y. (AP) — The Adirondack Museum will open for the season next month with a new name and brand identity designed to lure more visitors to its sprawling 121-acre indoor-outdoor campus.
The new name is “The Adirondack Experience, The Museum on Blue Mountain Lake.”
Executive Director David Kahn says consumer research shows travelers and tourists want “rich interactive experiences that immerse them in their environment.” He says the museum provides that, and the new name reflects it.
The museum in the hamlet of Blue Mountain Lake has 25 buildings and galleries with exhibits depicting the history, culture and natural features of the Adirondack Park. A new 19,000-square-foot interactive exhibit, Life in the Adirondacks, opens on July 1.
The museum is open seven days a week from May 26 through Oct. 9.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood