Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. WHAT TRUMP SAID ABOUT HIS FIRST 100 DAYS
As he approaches the milestone, the president tells The Associated Press: “It’s a different kind of a presidency.”
2. WHY TRUMP FACES A TOUGH WEEK AHEAD
He’s juggling a renewed health care push and a looming budget deadline. It’s all complicated by a potential showdown with Democrats over paying for a border wall.
3. WHO WILL FACE OFF IN FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
Centrist Emmanuel Macron and far-right populist Marine Le Pen are remaking the country’s political system and setting up a showdown over its participation in the European Union.
4. WHERE AN AMERICAN HAS BEEN DETAINED
North Korea detained a U.S. citizen, officials say, bringing to three the number of Americans now being held there.
5. BLOOMBERG TO WORLD LEADERS: IGNORE TRUMP ON CLIMATE
New York billionaire Michael Bloomberg, in an AP interview, declares his intention to help save an international agreement to reduce carbon emissions.
6. CALIFORNIA MOVES – SLOWLY – TOWARD RESUMING EXECUTIONS
Prodded by voters and lawsuits, America’s most populous state may now be easing back toward allowing executions.
7. BILL O’REILLY TO RETURN WITH NEW PODCAST EPISODE
His personal website says the fired Fox News host will air a new episode of his “No Spin News” podcast Monday evening.
8. HOW SCAMS PUSH FORECLOSURE FRAUD TO LIMIT
Foreclosure “rescue” scams that have stolen thousands of dollars from individual homeowners in the years since the housing collapse have been pushed by savvy perpetrators to their limit.
9. KENYAN CONSERVATIONIST SHOT AT HER RANCH
The Italian-born author Kuki Gallmann was shot at her Kenyan ranch and airlifted for treatment after herders invaded in search of a href=’https://apnews.com/d969dcaec1b049f08d6a637d85de16b1/AP-Explains:-How-Kenya’s-drought-has-turned-into-violence’pasture/a to save their animals from drought, officials say.
10. SAD DAYS FOR FANS OF TV STAR
Erin Moran, the former child star who starred as Joanie Cunningham in “Happy Days,” has died at 56.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95