Gilbert rated best place to raise a family in Arizona
New and growing families in Arizona, be advised.
An analysis by WalletHub has ranked 65 cities to determine the best place is to raise a family in the state, and Gilbert came out on top.
Gilbert ranked second in two of the study’s four main categories: “Education, health and safety” and “affordability.” The Phoenix suburb also scored well in the other two categories of “socioeconomic” rank (10th) and “family life and fun” (25th).
Scottsdale came in second in the rankings by scoring fifth in education, health and safety, and rating in the top-20 in the other three categories. Paradise Valley and Chandler followed before several cities outside the Valley were ranked ahead of No. 10 Peoria.
Sahuarita, Anthem, Oro Valley, Catalina Foothills and Tanque Verde placed from fifth to ninth, in that order.
Phoenix came in 47th in the rankings.
Despite ranking 11th in “family life and fun,” Tucson ranked poorly at 61st in the study due to ranking second-to-last in education, health and safety, and scoring in the bottom-third in affordability and socioeconomics.
The only cities that scored worse than Tucson in the study are Coolidge, Camp Verde, Douglas and Eloy.
- 9-year-old boy saves self, dog from Phoenix house fire
- Phoenix market collecting donations for Mexico earthquake victims
- Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon attending Ward event in Arizona
- Arizona attorney general: Phoenix police rule does not violate SB 1070
- Man on foot hit by train in Phoenix, in hospital in serious condition