PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff’s officials said crews have recovered the body of a missing jet skier who had crashed into a boat on Saguaro Lake over the weekend.
Authorities found he body of Joshua Slade, 21, early Monday.
Witnesses told the sheriff’s office that Slade had turned in front of a fishing boat before the two collided Saturday night.
Slade was thrown from the jet ski and went underwater and was not seen again by witnesses.
A friend who was near the collision told authorities that Slade wasn’t wearing a flotation device because they were getting a final ride in before placing the jet ski on its trailer.
Patrol boats with sonar and an underwater remote operated vehicle searched the area for several hours Saturday night but didn’t locate the rider.
- Developers for Arizona motor sports park appeal ruling on referendum
- Trump’s NAFTA termination comment falls flat with Arizona business leaders
- Report: Trump met with Flake’s prospective primary opponents at Phoenix rally
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- Opinions split after Trump protest in downtown Phoenix