SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — A 71-year-old Florida man has been charged with attempted murder in the shooting of his step-son.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/2pS9l1L ) reports that arrest records show Thomas Lathrop of Sanford shot 31-year-old Frank Fort on Saturday at the family home.
According to the records, Lathrop’s wife, Juanita, told police her son went to sit on the front porch about 9:30 a.m. when Thomas Lathrop said, “Don’t you see me sitting here.”
Fort replied he sat there every morning before work. Lathrop then got up and fired a single round at Fort’s legs.
While Fort was running away, Lathrop fired two more shots, shattering Fort’s pelvis. That bullet lodged in Fort’s stomach, causing life-threatening injuries.
Fort was in critical condition Saturday.
Lathrop was being held without bail at the Seminole County Jail.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action