DARLINGTON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a dentist has died after the helicopter he was flying crashed in eastern South Carolina.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the Bell 47G helicopter struck some trees in a field near Darlington around 5 p.m. Friday before crashing.
Darlington County Coroner J. Todd Hardee told media outlets that 60-year-old James Schuster died instantly.
Records show Schuster was a dentist practicing in Timmonsville.
Bergen says Schuster was the only person in the helicopter. She says the National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the cause of the crash.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast