SEATTLE (AP) — Authorities have named the 19-year-old suspect who died after Thursday’s exchange of gunfire with Seattle police near a downtown convenience store.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the man Friday as Damarius Butts. The medical examiner’s office says he died of multiple gunshot wounds.
Three officers were shot and wounded Thursday while responding to a robbery at a 7-Eleven store downtown.
Officers chased Butts and a 17-year-old girl who fled the store and a struggle ensued in which the girl allegedly hit an officer over the head with a bottle and Butts allegedly shot at police, who returned fire.
On Friday, a judge found probable cause for the 17-year-old girl to be held for investigation of robbery and assault.
Another 19-year-old suspect in the robbery waived his court appearance and was ordered held on $75,000 bail for investigation of robbery.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny