This week’s guests:
- Reporter John Gilliland
- Dr. Rhetorica, aka ASU professor Dawn Penich-Thacker
- Political strategist Chuck Coughlin
This week’s Think Tank will examine some of the recent actions of the Arizona Legislature, notably school vouchers and measures to inhibit citizen initiatives.
We will discuss the selective and powerful use of language used to frame these issues and thereby persuade audiences to support particular political positions.
Our panel includes an experienced political reporter, a professor who has studied the use of rhetoric in politics and a noted political strategist.
- Think Tank talks communication revolution, political developments
- What really happened with polling in the 2016 election?
- Think Tank: Talking Confederate memorials and corruption in Arizona
- Legislative actions and citizen reactions on the Think Tank
- ASU law professor discusses legal aspects of Trump-Russia investigation