The Think Tank explores legislative actions and political rhetoric
This week’s guests:
- Reporter John Gilliland
- Dr. Rhetorica, aka ASU professor Dawn Penich-Thacker
- Political strategist Chuck Coughlin
This week’s Think Tank will examine some of the recent actions of the Arizona Legislature, notably school vouchers and measures to inhibit citizen initiatives.
We will discuss the selective and powerful use of language used to frame these issues and thereby persuade audiences to support particular political positions.
Our panel includes an experienced political reporter, a professor who has studied the use of rhetoric in politics and a noted political strategist.
- Taxes! Misleading the unwary with ‘slippery language’
- Arizona education: Where are our tax dollars going?
- Robb, Coughlin discuss future of Republican Party on Think Tank
- Trump’s tax proposals: Tax reform or soak the middle class?
- Chuck Coughlin, Mike O’Neil talk local political dominoes on Think Tank