SUNBURY, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania man has been convicted for his role in death of a 9-year-old boy, who overdosed on a powerful painkiller while in his care.
A Northumberland County jury spent four hours deliberating Thursday before finding 61-year-old Victor Hare III guilty of involuntary manslaughter, drug delivery resulting in death and other charges.
Hare was babysitting Korbin Rager in 2014 when authorities say he provided the boy with a fatal dose of Oxycodone.
The boy’s mother was previously sentenced to three years in prison for letting Hare babysit her son, knowing the Point Township man had a drug problem.
Hare told reporters as he left the courthouse that he was “still not guilty.”
He faces up to 38 years in prison. The boy’s father says Hare “should have got life.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally