Main Street Minute: Valley school district hiring teachers
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Maricopa County Regional School District is hosting a job fair Saturday in Phoenix. It runs from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the district offices near 35th Avenue and Indian School Road. The district is hiring teachers, teachers in training, a business manager and special educators, among others.
• Benchmark Electronics has announced plans to move its headquarters to the Valley. The Texas-based engineering, design and electronics manufacturing company hasn’t decided exactly where it will set up shop, but the move is expected to create more than 500 jobs over the next five years.
• There are some new high-end Phoenix townhomes ready for move-in. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Novella at Arcadia has opened near 36th Street and Camelback Road. Prices start around $500,000.
- Gold mine in Scottsdale reduces price to nearly $3 million
- Amazon sends Phoenix area some love in form of electronics to schools
- Wet n’ Wild Phoenix hiring 500 people ahead of seasonal opening
- Phoenix leaders, police union chief disagree on staffing situation
- Buying a home? 10-acre estate in Sedona on the market for $12.5 million