Main Street Minute: Valley school district hiring teachers
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Maricopa County Regional School District is hosting a job fair Saturday in Phoenix. It runs from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the district offices near 35th Avenue and Indian School Road. The district is hiring teachers, teachers in training, a business manager and special educators, among others.
• Benchmark Electronics has announced plans to move its headquarters to the Valley. The Texas-based engineering, design and electronics manufacturing company hasn’t decided exactly where it will set up shop, but the move is expected to create more than 500 jobs over the next five years.
• There are some new high-end Phoenix townhomes ready for move-in. The Phoenix Business Journal reports Novella at Arcadia has opened near 36th Street and Camelback Road. Prices start around $500,000.
- Republican Arizona teacher running for state Senate seat
- Residential sale prices for homes in Maricopa County hit all-time high
- Home-flipping is hot in Phoenix area, but profits from reselling are not
- ‘Red for Ed’ movement sparks Arizona teachers to be politically engaged
- Texas school uses billboards to recruit Arizona teachers with higher pay